We build strong minds, bodies, character, and communities through cycling.
Every youth is empowered to be part of a thriving and engaged cycling community.
- Fun: NICA inspires friendship, joy, and adventure.
- Inclusivity: NICA believes everyone should be able to participate in our programs and feel welcomed, respected and supported.
- Equity: NICA is committed to fair treatment, equal access, opportunity, advancement and elimination of barriers to encourage participation for all.
- Respect: NICA expects consideration for all others, oneself, and the outdoors.
- Community: NICA unites diverse people, families and communities through cycling by creating fun and welcoming experiences.
Wisconsin Interscholastic Cycling Association (WIN) was founded in 2013. WIN laid the groundwork for high school mountain biking in Wisconsin with an inaugural state championship race. The Wisconsin State Mountain Bike Championship, held in 2013, consisted of 4 different categories and the event was tagged a success with 60 participants and 6 teams.
In late 2013, WIN became an affiliate NICA league and was renamed the Wisconsin High School Cycling League (WI League) with the first race season in the fall of 2014. Since that first year, the WI League has exploded to over 1,000 student athletes and 500 coaches.
In 2022, the WI League became the third Chapter League in NICA and returned to the Wisconsin Interscholastic Cycling League name.
The WI League is committed to providing a positive co-ed cycling experience for middle and high school aged students of all cycling levels using coaching methods founded in our FIERC values of Fun, Inclusivity, Equity, Respect and Community.
Each WI League season includes programs from all facets of NICA: Adventure, GRiT, Teen Trail Corp and a fall race series. There is something for everyone!
Volunteer coaches are highly trained in strict health and safety procedures, developing positive team culture and bike skills to teach student-athletes.
Stay updated on WI League news and information, join our email newsletter list or send an email directly to Renee Griswold, WI League Co-Director. Follow the WI League on Facebook, Instagram and Twi