Come ride with us in the woods and see what mountain biking is all about! What is GRiT? The Girls Riding Together (GRiT)
What is GRiT?
The Girls Riding Together (GRiT) initiative is an effort by the National Interscholastic Cycling Association (NICA) to recruit and retain more girls and woman coaches in NICA programs. The goal of the NICA GRiT initiative is to increase the overall participation rate to 33% female riders (coaches and student-athletes each) by 2023.
The Madison East/Sun Prairie East/Sun Prairie West/Deforest/Sun Prairie Composite Mountain Bike Teams are sponsoring a free clinic for girls, women, and non-binary athletes to try out mountain biking and ride with others at the amazing Sheehan Park trails in Sun Prairie. Free demo mountain bikes will be provided by DreamBikes if you do not have a trail-ready mountain bike you can bring with you. The event is open to girls and non-binary athletes entering 6th through 12th grade and women who want to learn more and who might consider coaching. No experience required! We can train you in riding and coaching skills. You just need to have a passion for supporting girls and getting more girls outside, on bikes!
If you have never tried mountain biking, or if you have your own mountain bike but never ridden it on singletrack before, sign up below for a fun day of games, prizes, and riding bikes in the woods!
Step 1: Select the appropriate ticket if you need a bike or if you will be bringing your own.
Come try it out and see why mountain biking is Ferda Girls!
• Tuesday, June 7th, at Sheehan Park in Sun Prairie
• Learn basic mountain biking skills
• Ride awesome trails and have FUN!
• Please arrive 15 minutes early to get set up with a bike.
• Masks are not required as we will be outside. Feel free to bring and wear one according to your comfort level.
• We will provide water in bottles and light snacks.
• Student participants must be entering 6-12th grade.
• Participants will need a mountain bike.
• Bikes will be available if the rider does not have one. Please indicate during registration if you need a bike.
• Helmets are required. Please bring your own helmet.
• Wear comfortable clothing for being outdoors that is able to get muddy.
• The event is weather dependent. If it is too wet to hold the event, the event will be canceled.
(Tuesday) 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Sheehan Park - West Shelter
1357-1365 Linnerud Drive, Sun Prairie, WI 53590
Wisconsin Interscholastic Cycling League