CPR/First Aid Course. NICA approved for Level 3 coaching. In person only The NICA Approved First Aid course is designed
The NICA Approved First Aid course is designed to cover common and serious medical medical issues you might encounter. This is a general overview with the primary goal of teaching recognition to individuals who will be coaching for a NICA Mountain Bike Team. This certification fulfills the requirements for both Level 2 and Level 3 coaching.
This is a one-day, 9-10 hour course. There is not an online component, all teaching will be done in person.
EQUIPMENT LIST FOR PARTICIPANTS
You should plan to wear or have with you clothing that will be appropriate to the season and location where you will be taking your course. Weather permitting; we will be spending a significant portion of the class time out-of-doors. The following list is to SUPPLEMENT the clothing you will be wearing.
There will be meal breaks. Please bring your own lunch/dinner/snacks.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
*You MUST have these items with you in order to attend any of our programs. If you arrive at the course without this gear, the instructor may have options for you to purchase. However, if they do not, you will be asked to leave for the safety of yourself and others in the class.
- 2 Face masks (cloth, surgical, N95 – needs to fully cover your nose, mouth, and chin)
- Disposable gloves (for personal use only – will not be shared with others)
- Hand sanitizer (for personal use only – will not be shared with others)
- Notebook and pen/pencil
- Raingear tops and bottoms
- Layers of clothing (to be used for splinting and wound management)
- Backpack to put everything in
- Reusable water bottles (1qt or 1 liter) for drinking water
- Footwear for the environment (Closed-toe shoes/sneakers)
- Wound care items – roller gauze, 4×4 gauze pads, ACE wrap
- Bandanas or cravats of any kind
- Any items that you regularly bring with you (i.e. first aid kit)
(Sunday) 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
eau claire expo center
5530 Fairview Drive, Eau Claire, WI 54701
Wisconsin Interscholastic Cycling League