Fall Racing Kicks off with New League Launches NICA News # 7August 31, 2021
Minooka Race ReportSeptember 20, 2021
9/6 Ready….Set…..GOOOO!!! Be ready for Race #1 this weekend at Minooka Park
Be Prepared for Race #1
|On-line race registration closes Tuesday at 11:59PM
|Race plates and COACH plates
|No cost for pre-ride to those not signed up to race
|Pre-ride schedule and rules
|Race Flyer/Camping Reservations/Parking Costs at Minooka
|Recommended Reading prior to Race Season
Online Race Registration closes Tuesday at 11:59PM prior to each race weekend
There will be on-site race registration available with a $15 late fee. These student-athletes will have to register on Saturday or Sunday during Registration hours. Student-athletes who wait until race weekends to register will always start in the back of their category.
Registration booth hours
Sunday: 7:30 until noon
Start order for Race #1 will be emailed to Team Directors this Friday and will also be posted at the race venue by noon on Saturday.
* Start order for high school riders, for Race #2-5 will be based on overall results.
* Start order for middle school riders, for Race #2-5, will be based on the previous race only. Therefore, if a student does not do the race prior, they will be automatically placed near the back of their category. Start-orders will always be emailed to TD’s on Friday and will also be posted on Results Board on Saturday mornings.
Covid 19 Preparedness
The Wisconsin League encourages vaccination of all participants and coaches. This is the single best thing we can do to prevent spread of COVID 19 within a NICA sanctioned setting and avoid potential serious complications of COVID 19 in any infected individuals.
We still want to remain cautious, as COVID-19 cases are on the rise and it takes all of our participation to make sure we can enjoy this season’s reduced restrictions.
Here’s what we need all of you to do prior to each race weekend:
▪ Everyone will need to bring a mask to race weekends. You’ll need to wear a mask if you’re less than 6 ft. away from others.
▪ We highly recommend that all of you take the Symptom Screener and do not come to a team event or race if you are feeling sick.
▪ Team tents: maintain social distance and do not have communal food (ie. potluck). Pre-packaged items may be distributed.
▪ Adjust social plans with the team to maintain social distance and avoid prolonged indoor interactions with people not within your family.
WI League 2021 Covid Guidelines for Races and Practices
Raceplate’s and COACH Plate’s
In an effort to eliminate student-athletes and coaches waiting in long lines at the registration table we are doing things a bit differently. At Race #1 each team should assign a Team Director or Coach to be responsible to pick up all of their student-athletes raceplates and coach plates before anyone on their team prerides. (We will have everything packaged for each team.) At Race #1, your team’s plates will contain your list of athletes that have paid their NICA and League fee’s and those that have paid the on-line race fee, as well as a list of coaches that should receive their “COACH” plates (all those coaches that have completed a minimum of Level 1). Remember, even those student athletes that do not plan on racing will receive a race plate. If a coach has not completed a minimum of Level 1 requirements by Race #1, they will need to make arrangements to pick up their “COACH” plate at a future race. They will need to print and bring proof that they have completed everything. Please ensure that each rider is given the correct raceplate packet.
New this year. riders will NOT have to check in at each race. Each Team’s Director is responsible to know who is signed up to race for each race weekend prior to race day. Only those student-athletes that have signed up to race should be racing. There will be penalties for breaking this rule.
We also highly recommend that you collect all of your student-athletes plates and keep them in a safe place after every race so there is no chance of loosing or forgetting them. The cost of a lost or forgotten plate is $15.
Number Sequences for Race Categories:
8th grade boys: 8100-
7th grade boys: 7100-
6th grade boys: 6100-
8th grade girls: 8000-
7th grade girls: 7000-
6th grade girls: 6000-
No cost for pre-ride for those not signed up to race
Since all student athletes that have registered and paid their NICA and League fee’s on line are covered by insurance, and receive a race plate, we are not charging for preride. Simply display your race plate and you are welcome to pre ride. Directors should ensure these student athletes do NOT race, unless they sign up at registration. There will be penalties if this happens.
Pre ride Schedule
* 12:00 noon – Course opens to “GRiT Riders ONLY” In an effort to boost our female ridership we’d like to invite all females to ride at this time,even though they probably will be pre-riding with their team later in the day. We will assemble female coaches and the course will be closed to all else.
* 12:30 – 6:00 – Course opens to all riders
* 5:00 – 6:00 – We’d like to have this be the designated “continuous riding” pre-ride time.
* 5:30 – No one allowed to enter the course after 5:30
* 6:00 – Everyone should be off the course
* Preride on Sunday is from 7:00a.m. until 8:00a.m. No entering course after 7:30.
Race #1 Minooka Park Race Flyer
Parking at Minooka Park
$6.00/day – Please consider pre-purchasing a parking pass for 1 or both days to alleviate long lines. Please purchase your pre-paid parking prior to 12 noon on Friday, September 10th. After 12pm on September 10th there will only be the option to purchase daily entrance passes upon entry. If you already have a Waukesha County Parks pass, you will not be required to pay this parking fee.
Parking for Race #1 at Minooka Park
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT IF YOU HAVE NOT SIGNED UP FOR CAMPING AT MINOOKA PARK – IT IS FULL!!
We rely on a volunteers to make our races happen. We value all those who give of their time and energy to help our student-athletes succeed. If you want to be a part of this exciting opportunity, take a look at the positions and get involved!
Please sign up here for Race #1 and/or for any of our 5 race weekends.